Social & Emotional Learning teaches critical social competencies necessary for academic and life success such as: resiliency, self-management, and responsible decision-making skills.
This 4 unit teachers resource focuses on the following
Unit 1. Getting Focused
Unit 2. Sharpening your Senses
Unit 3. It’s All About Attitude
Unit 4. Taking Action Mindfully
It is suggested that teachers create their own lesson plans from the information and resources provided.
A Teachers resource with information and activities on the topic of Worry and Anxiety .
The objectives are:
A Teachers resource examines bullying. Information on the topic and activities are provided witiin.
This four unit course focuses on:
A Teachers resource with information and activities on Managing anger.
The topic objectives are:
- · Students can identify the anger cycle
- · Students can understand the different levels of anger
- · Students can learn techniques to manage anger
- · Students recognise that anger can turn into bullying behaviour
A Teachers resource information and activities are centred around the topic Protective Behaviours
The unit is broken down into four units.
Unit 1. Physical Abuse
Unit 2. Sexual Abuse
Unit 3. Emotional Abuse
Unit 4. Neglect
Unit 5. Safety
Teachers can build their own lesson plans around resources provided.
A Teacher resource with information and activities on the topic of Tolerance.
The objectives are:
- · Students understand what tolerance is
- · Students recognise the term diversity and what it involves
- · Students learn the foundations of stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination
- · Students recognise behaviours associated with acceptance, respect and empathy
A Teachers resource with information and activities to build self esteem.
The objectives are
- · Students can identify what is self-esteem and the different stages
- · Students can understand the characteristics of self esteem
- · Students can learn techniques to improve their self esteem
- · Students recognise that we all suffer at some time around issues of confidence.
- A Teachers Resource information and activities centre around Goal setting.
The objectives of the course are:
- · Students understand what goal setting is and its purpose
- · Students recognise what the obstacles are
- · Students learn how to set and achieve goals
- · Students recognise the steps in goal setting